This week's process was:
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, fan forced
- Brown all sides of the beef in a frypan
- Season the beef with salt
- Wrap in two layers of aluminium foil at right angles
- Cook in the oven for 100 minutes, turning over after 40 minutes, and then turning back at 80 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave wrapped in the foil for 15 minutes
- Unwrap and enjoy
One thing to note is that the beef shrunk a lot during this cooking process. Maybe it was due to the cooking process but could also have been due to the beef cut used.
Next week: try this cooking process with a cheaper cut of beef.